Engineering Manager At Hikma Pharmaceuticals
Directing, organizing, leading, and controlling Engineering Function activities while ensuring timely responsiveness to maintenance needs in accordance with set quality and safety standards, as well as developing systems and procedures related to maintenance activities. In addition to developing energy efficient systems to reduce operating costs.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participating in the establishment of strategies, policies and goals for the Engineering function
- Deriving and developing medium and short-term plans and executive programs to manage and achieve the Engineering function’s goals.
- Develops new maintenance policies and procedures, effectively plans for major maintenance costs and formulates maintenance budget plans, and effectively identifies preventative maintenance requirements.
- Prepares, justifies and/or estimates costs associated with initiatives / projects to set priorities and track expenses, and assesses and allocates the full cost of each project, including personnel and activities.
- Takes corrective action to adjust, rectify or modify testing equipment or process, confirms supply of necessary product, materials and services, manages, reports and records corrective action required or taken.
- Defines vendor strategy in terms of vendors’ category, parameters for evaluation and selection parameters, and defines and employs criteria and shares best practices for selecting and managing vendors and external contacts.
- Monitoring the Engineering function’s performance against pre-set performance goals to ensure that progress is being made in the desirable direction and preventive/ corrective actions are taken accordingly.
- Setting the estimated budget, and monitoring internal expenditures and financial performance for the Engineering function in coordination with the Finance function
- Directing and leading Engineering function to effectively engineer and procure necessary equipment and facilities.
- Overseeing maintenance activities and ensure fulfilling repair requests of plants and facilities in coordination with the Maintenance Manager and Utility Manager
- Directing the maintenance warehouse major activities, and ensuring proper stock management and control procedures are in place
- Developing systems and procedures related to maintenance activities and making sure that all related documents are being properly communicated and maintained.
- Ensuring that planned budget aligns with projects requirements, forecasting potential needs and demands of all projects and ensuring that the resources are available and released as anticipated.
- Ensuring engineering function activities are carried out in a timely manner and in compliance with set safety standards.
- Coordinates, supports and/or leads strategic organizational projects; sets propose deadlines for deliverables, identifies team resources, assigns tasks, checks and monitors performance, and manages associated risks.
- Approving engineering function plans, projects, and overall budgets
- Establishing and developing energy efficient systems in order to reduce operating costs.
- Leading contractors/ subcontractors negotiations and following up on their work
- Performing other duties related to the job as assigned by the direct supervisor.
- Actively monitors all work done and provides prompt feedback and guidance for others and consistently produces exemplary quality in work and meets the set deadlines.
- Understands the financial impact of activities and decisions and demonstrates responsibility in the use of human and physical resources and contributes to building a culture of cost awareness.
- Bears the responsibility of taking decisions to move things forward and acts promptly to address urgent needs.
- Takes on difficult and challenging tasks without prompting and actively seeks and cultivates opportunities and improves the organization when change is not expected or required.
- Sell’s own ideas to others and adopts a range of methods, tactics, passion, and logical arguments to gain support actively seeking to influence others.
- Bachelor`s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 12-15 years of experience in manufacturing environment (Pharmaceutical industry is preferred).
- Solid understanding of all maintenance processes.
- Excellent technical knowledge of equipment, products, and processes.
- Reporting, budgeting
- Experience in planning maintenance operations, tools, and strategies.
- Solid understanding of machines’ technical aspects.
- Excellent communication and coaching skills.
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities.
- Ability to collaborate effectively within a multifunctional environment.
- Problem solving skills through innovation and creativity.