Junior Accounts Payable Accountant At Wadi Group Egypt
About Wadi Group Egypt :
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Industry: Food and Beverage Production
Company Size: More than 1000 employees
Wadi Group and its affiliated companies are the fruitful outcome of a long success story started in Egypt in 1984. The group’s earlier startups have taken place years ago, namely in Lebanon, 1957, then Syria, 1973, followed by KSA, 1975 and Jordan, 1977. Wadi group comprises numerous companies focusing on delivering high quality products to consumers & businesses. The Group was celebrating in 2010 its 25th anniversary and is in the midst of a corporate restructuring of its different subsidiaries operating in 3 divisions: Poultry, Agro-Food & Industry. The restructuring has seen the emergence of 2 sectors: Mazareh (Farms) and Sina’at (Industries). The Poultry & Agro-Food subsidiaries are grouped under Mazareh, including 2 key B2B Cos Katkoot al Wadi & A’laf al Wadi, and 2 B2C Cos Wadi Food and Wadi Farms. Wadi Group’s industrial subsidiaries, including Tabreed & other industrial projects like Idafat, Asmida, Tawseel and Nile Storage and Stevedoring Company are grouped under Sina’at.
About Junior Accounts Payable Accountant Position:
- Prepare, examine, or analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting, or other tax requirements.
- Report to management regarding the finances of establishment.
- Maintain or examine the records of government agencies.
- Advise clients in areas such as compensation, employee health care benefits, the design of accounting or data processing systems, or long-range tax or estate plans.
- Establish tables of accounts and assign entries to proper accounts.
- Develop, implement, modify, and document recordkeeping and accounting systems, making use of current computer technology.
- Provide internal and external auditing services for businesses or individuals.
- Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice.
- Advise management about issues such as resource utilization, tax strategies, and the assumptions underlying budget forecasts.
- Represent clients before taxing authorities and provide support during litigation involving financial issues.
- Prepare forms and manuals for accounting and bookkeeping personnel and direct their work activities.
- Appraise, evaluate, and inventory real property and equipment, recording information such as the description, value, and location of property.
- Survey operations to ascertain accounting needs and to recommend, develop, or maintain solutions to business and financial problems.
- Bachelor degree in commerce or economics.
- 0-1 years of related experience.
- Excellent reporting skills
- Strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent command of English language.
- Proficient user of MS Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).