Microbiologist At Nestlé Egypt
Location: 6th of October, Egypt
Company: Nestlé Egypt
Joining Nestlé means you are joining the largest food and Beverage Company in the world. At our very core, we are a human environment – passionate people driven by the purpose of enhancing the quality of life and contributing to a healthier future.
The Microbiologist is responsible for the daily microbiological analysis of all raw material & finished products as per the approved Nestlé Laboratory instructions for both the 6th of October factories and Co-Manufacturers. He/she is responsible for leading the Proficiency tests, handling all other related activities (inventory, Calibration, etc…), and supporting any root cause analysis related to Microbiological deviation.
A DAY IN THE LIFE …
- Daily analysis of raw materials, finished products, and pathogen monitoring to release products compliant with Nestlé and International standards.
- Ensure compliance to the relevant Laboratory instructions and maintain good laboratory practices, lab safety and biosafety.
- Plan, enroll and analyze the yearly proficiency test.
- Ensure high level of communications with Nestlé Quality Assurance Center and other stakeholders regarding testing and analyzed results.
- Ensure proper handling of New Product development requirements in terms of microbiology.
- Support in root cause analysis for any microbiological deviation when required.
- In charge of taking inventory of all microbiological related equipment in the lab.
- Ensure the maintenance, calibration, and internal control plan of all laboratory equipment.
- Monitor the required microbiological analysis and ensure proper system creation on SAP to avoid any audit points, while ensuring result tracking and consolidation.
- Monitor air and water levels as per the defined quality monitoring scheme.
- Conduct trend analysis from the ongoing monitoring to effectively communicate any noticeable deviation for quick root cause analysis & corrective action.
- Optimize the usage of digitalization in laboratory operations.
- Stay up to date with all method of analysis and their effectiveness.
- Support in relevant registration and export requirements.
- Maintain all required analysis of Keeping Quality.
- Consolidate monthly accruals for all laboratory expenses and plan for inventory management.
What will make you Successful?
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science with a Microbiology Major, Pharmacy or another relevant field.
- 2+ years of experience in food microbiology labs is preferable
- Good software skills and SAP knowledge is a plus.
- Demonstrate strong stakeholder management.
- Fluent in English