Oncology pharmacist At As-Salam International Hospital
As-Salam International Hospital is hiring
1. UNDERSTANDING CANCER
• Understands the causes of cancer and has an awareness of the disease process.
• Knowledge of the key roles of the oncology, haematology and palliative care teams.
• Understands the organisational structure of cancer services (surgery, radiation and medical oncology)
• Understands common terminology used in cancer
2. CALCULATION OF CHEMOTHERAPY DOSES
• Demonstrates the ability to perform pharmaceutical calculations accurately, e.g. m weight or BSA m use locally agreed BSA formula (adult and pediatric) , carboplatin doses using Calvert equation
• Knowledge of issues surrounding obesity, renal and hepatic function etc. on dosing.
• Awareness of dose capping and rounding
3. USE OF SPECIALITY DEVICES FOR DRUG ADMINISTRATION, INCLUDING INFUSION PUMPS
• Demonstrates awareness of use of chemotherapy delivery devices such as pumps and syringe drivers.
• Awareness of stability of chemotherapy.
• Awareness of the safe acquisition, storage and distribution/supply of chemotherapy
4. GENERAL THERAPEUTICS & TREATMENT GOALS
• Awareness of curative, adjuvant, neoadjuvant and palliative goals, when these apply and their clinical implications.
• Patient adherence to medication regimens.
• Awareness of the use of combined modality treatment, e.g. chemoradiation.
• Awareness of the use of systemic therapy, radiotherapy, surgical oncology and supportive care to achieve goals.
• Identification, monitoring and appropriate reporting of adverse drug events
5. PRINCIPLES OF chemotherapy
• Classification and mechanism of action of chemotherapy and hormonal agents.
• Cell cycle and cell kill hypothesis.
• Scheduling and basic principles of combination chemotherapy.
• Ways of monitoring tumour responses and disease progression
6. Safe handling of hazard material:
• Knowledge of basic safe handling procedures including preparation, spillage and disposal of chemotherapeutic waste.
• Knowledge of extravasation risks.
• Demonstrates basic understanding of occupational hazards of exposure to chemotherapy drugs and waste.
Kindly attach your CV via mail at Amr.firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning the job title on the subject line.
See more available Pharmacist Jobs on Vacanciesblog