Process Engineer At Unilever Egypt
Main Job Purpose:
The role is a key contributor to stabilizing the reliability of the lines in a factory in order for WCM to move from reactive to proactive and for development of technical operators as well as launching of semi-autonomous team to be successful.
The Process Engineer role is critical to the development of the factories to World Class, which means zero defects, zero waste and zero losses.
She/he will apply extensively the full range of Focused and Quality Improvement methods and tools to counter losses identified in the areas of Safety, Quality, Cost Deployment, Customer Service and Logistics.
The Cost Deployment pillar will be populated with data built up through application of the Managing Manufacturing Performance Code, which is key to ensuring focus on key losses.
Working directly with the line crews on a daily basis the Process Engineer also acts as the technical trainer for line teams and provides coaching in phenomena identification, root cause analysis and the establishment of counter-measures.
The Process Engineer is responsible for the validation of all process improvements and the establishment of revised basic conditions on the line. A core deliverable is eliminate losses and wastes and increase the stability of the line to support the transition of traditional line teams to semi-autonomous teams.
Job Key Responsibilities:
- Eliminate Waste and Loss according to the WCM prioritization process using AM, PM, FI and QC pillar tools and methodologies.
- Create Technical Standards to ensure process stability on the line.
- Train line crews on technical standards and restoration of basic conditions (Stability sustainability).
- Identify and extend good practice to other lines.
- Application and accuracy of MMP Code data.
Job Requirements & Qualifications:
- Engineering Bachelor’s degree (M mechanical, electrical and industrial)
- 0 to 3 years of experience.
- Project management background/exposure is a great plus
- Experience in statistics and process control tools
- Experience in AM, PM, FI, Quality and Logistics methods and tools is a great plus
- Strong Communication skills
- Details oriented person
- Leadership & People management
- Stakeholder management
- Decision making & Problem solving
- Able to visualize clearly what the ideal production system is.
- Able to clearly understand operating principles and establish correct operating standards.
- Able to present findings and rationales clearly so that whole factory team can understand;
- Able to make logical decisions based on data.
- Possess challenging and pioneering spirit.
Apply On Company Site