HR Generalist-Egypt At Microsoft
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is cantered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
HR plays a key role in the daily partnership and enabling our business, managers, and employees through a focus on the end-to-end employee experience. In this role you will be involved in managing employee administration with our Service Center, problem solving employee issues, managing local benefits programs, and involved in employee on-boarding, off boarding, and other aspects of the employee lifecycle.
This role provides a unique opportunity for the successful candidate to work in virtual, matrixed European team working across teams to provide end-to-end employee support. You will gain valuable international experience, whilst further deepening HR operational and consultative expertise. Being part of country and boarder European HR team, you will have an opportunity to enjoy collaborative, learning and solution-oriented teams, have fun and opportunity for deeper and broader impact.
The ideal candidate is a strong communicator who possesses great attention to detail. This role requires administrative experience and exceptional customer service, while ensuring data accuracy, integrity, and confidentiality. To be successful in this role, the individual in this position will also need to excel at working independently and under time pressure; have analytical and problem-solving skills and a continuous improvement mindset.
مواضيع المقال إخفاء
HR Field Solutions Consulting
- Data Analytics – Conducts, informs, and/or participates in cross-functional data analysis related to processes managed; escalates risks and concerns; interpret reports based on the business/regional/geographic context; makes ad-hoc, data-driven recommendations by doing research and communicating with HR leaders.
- HR Support and Knowledge – Provides field HR consulting services to employees, managers, and other HR teams by researching, answering questions, and proposing recommendations to facilitate decision-making and improve HR programs and processes.
- Issue Management – Addresses issues that deviate from established company policies/statutory framework, in collaboration with internal team members or peer disciplines (e.g., HR Shared Services, Compensation, Benefits, etc.); Documents and monitors cases to identify trends; Escalates issues to GEO HR Team / peer disciplines HR members when necessary.
- Queue Management System – Participates in handling queries coming through the Customer Relationship Management (CRM)/queue management system; Responds to employee and HR partners queries against agreed service level agreements and key business indicators in an accurate, complete, and empathic way; Supports the documentation of cases as requested; Maintains information security and confidentiality.
- Employee Data Management related to Program Support – Provides expertise in Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) by contributing to the day-to-day management of employee data in a supported service area; Provides recommendations on data administration.
- Operational Risk Management – Executes control measure or process for compliance; Tracks and analyzes the root cause of issues related to data integrity, security, and privacy; Supports data modeling initiatives by using data generation and troubleshooting techniques to meet customer and business needs; Ensures operational compliance with policies, laws, and regulations for a supported service area; Supports internal & external audit processes in connection with scope of work.
- Employee Records – Contributes to the development and configuration of documentation and reporting of employee records; Conducts gap analysis on reporting and documentation of employee records for a supported service area.
- Knowledge Management – Maintains up-to-date documentation of processes, desk-top procedures, and knowledge-based content; Ensures data entry is completed in a timely manner.
HR Central Services Customer Support
- “Push Left” (Adoption of tools/platforms) – Builds rapport and consensus with partners and stakeholders to align operational processes; Learns the end-to-end service model for a supported service area and promote the use of Human Resources shared services, platforms, and tools; Learns and presents recommendations to drive the adoption of the end-to-end service delivery model.
- Address inquiries and perform transactions – Performs transactions for a supported service area in a region; Researches, develops, and recommends solutions to manage the service processes aligned with established practices, policies, and/or laws; Connects with peer disciplines (e.g., HR Business partnership, HR Shared Services, Procurement, Finance) to address inquires, if needed.
- Change Implementation related to Program Support – Contributes to the design and delivery of changes by developing communication materials related to changes in a customer support system during the implementation of HR programs; Partners with regional operational stakeholders to monitor, escalate, or address inquiries/issues related to employee experience or change communication; Collects feedback on employee experience and assess impact on employee experience.
- Process Design/Adaptation – Takes ownership of and leads the implementation of a new process by implementing defined action plans; Conducts analysis and collects feedback for smaller or less complex processes/procedures; Responsible for design and implementation of new processes or procedures as requested by local legislation, business needs, and global & local programs.
- Process Improvement – Leads the implementation of solutions and changes to improve a process based on an established strategy or action plan; in partnership with functional operations team, monitors key performance indicator (KPI) targets to identify opportunities for continuous process improvement and future investment to drive efficiency and improved employee experience.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Knowledge, Skills, Attributes
- Statutory and Employment law – Knowledge of laws, regulations, standards, and emerging trends that may affect human resources policies and execution of these (e.g., legal signatories, court representation, health and safety, benefits, local documentation requirements, GDPR, legal localization). Experience in assisting with the translation of what requirements mean for the employer and offers correct solutions to adapt and localize policies.
- Human Resources Policies and Procedures – Knowledge of and ability to adhere to and update Human Resources policies, procedures, and practices.
- Human Resources Administration – Knowledge of and the ability to administer and manage the organization’s Human Resources programs and processes, including resolving issues and answering relevant queries.
- Human Resources Analytics Tools – The ability to use and understand business intelligence and data analysis software and programs, such as an HRIS system, for the purpose of evaluating, interpreting, and organizing data related to human resources.
- Problem solving – The ability to identify problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Consulting – The skill to influence others, develop and maintain working relationships, and deliver results and/or expertise for a client in a professional manner.
- Project Management – Knowledge of and the ability to carry out the process of planning, organizing, and managing tasks and resources to accomplish a well-defined objective. This includes the ability to manage and provide project deliverables, optimize the contribution of the people involved, and assess the impact of project decisions on quality, productivity, schedules, cost, performance, etc.
- Quality Assurance – Knowledge of and the ability to follow systematic and continuing processes of checking to see whether a product, service, or process, is meeting specified requirements. This includes knowledge of quality measurements and defined standards.
- Change Management – The ability to define and implement procedures and/or technologies to deal with changes in the environment. This may include adapting to change, controlling change, and/or affecting change.
- Business Acumen – The ability to understand the parts of the business and their interrelationships. This includes skill in understanding the industry, competition, and expected future developments and challenges, the business’s competitive strengths and weaknesses, opportunities to grow the business and reduce operating costs, and awareness of the environment for opportunities.