Food Safety Manager At Nestlé Egypt
Location: 6th of October Factories
Company: Nestlé Egypt
Joining Nestlé means you are joining the largest food and Beverage Company in the world. At our very core, we are a human environment – passionate people driven by the purpose of enhancing the quality of life and contributing to a healthier future.
The Food Safety Manager will be responsible for leading the implementation of food safety requirements and guidelines within Nestlé Egypt factories, while maintaining a high level of efficiency and training staff to drive continuous improvement.
A DAY IN THE LIFE …
- Ensure adherence of category-specific company standards and policies as well as local laws and regulations for all products produced across all categories.
- Ensure compliance to food safety and external requirements (national and international).
- Drive compliance using the Nestlé Integrated Management System, deliver and update all required Food Safety SOPs.
- Ensure cascading of emerging threats and trends in food safety topics and strategies to mitigate risks.
- Ensure Quality and Food Safety requirements are met in any innovation and re-innovation projects.
- Provide input to support root cause analysis and problem-solving during crisis, incident, and near miss management.
- Support the route cause analysis and initiatives to eliminate defects related to food safety.
- Ensure adherence to surveillance plans and pathogen monitoring design/optimization for all category plants.
- Lead communication and cascading of actions to prevent food safety issues, ensuring they are taken into consideration during HACCP updates with the food safety team and have periodic reviews with HACCP teams.
- Lead food defense and food fraud related activities in factories.
- Track CCP/OPRP deviations as well as pathogen monitoring deviations and provide improvement opportunities.
- Ensure the product release process is done in a timely manner according to Nestlé Quality standards, and that product release criteria are met after evaluation and verification take place.
- Develop the Food Safety team through training and coaching.
- Enforce Quality and Food Safety Mindset by driving a competency building plan to factories’ community based on competency risk assessment.
- Bachelor’s degree of Food Science, Pharmacy or Agriculture.
- At least 6-10 years of experience.
- HACCP, Food Safety, Auditing and Pest Management experience is required.
- FSSC 22000 lead auditor is required.
- ISO 9001:2015 lead auditor/awareness is required.
- Demonstrate strong stakeholder management.
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills.
- SAP User is preferable.
- Experience with facilitating trainings.
- Fluent in English.