Legal Counsel At Hikma Pharmaceuticals
Main Duties :
Follows all relevant Legal policies, processes, and standard operating procedures so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
Implements the day-to-day operations assigned for the department to ensure compliance with the established standards and procedures.
Drafts, reviews, and negotiates basic legal contracts for both internal and external parties while ensuring the inclusion of all relevant information and supporting documentation and proved recommendation.
Interacts and communicates with external parties, encompassing legal advisors and ministries, to follow up on legal issues and cases.
Assists the Head of Legal in special projects and cases such as the legal process of acquiring other pharmaceutical companies.
Manages the activities and work of lower levels to ensure that all work within a specific area is carried out in an efficient manner and in compliance with the set policies, processes, and procedures.
Advises on regulatory and legal matters to internal departments within Hikma to safeguard Hikma’s rights and legal stance.
Interprets and gives sound advice as requested by superiors to facilitate legal efficiencies within the overall department
Draft, review and negotiate all types of agreements.
Administer and manage contracts and ensure proper implementation.
Advise on corporate and commercial issues.
Support corporate legal matters in Egypt.
Corporate work – drafting and reviewing resolutions, reviewing, ratifying, and amending commercial registrations of entities Legal research and analysis.
Carry out due diligence for acquisitions and new business.
– B. Sc. of Law degree (English Section is a must – French section is a plus) and license to practice law.
– A minimum of 6-9 years of relevant experience at a top law firm and/or in-house.
– Fluency in Arabic, English (French is a plus).
– Experience in drafting and negotiating complex agreements.
– Detail-oriented, meticulous, resourceful with excellent follow-through skills, and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
– Strong intercultural and communication skills.