Quality Unit Manager at Hikma Pharmaceutical Company
Job Summary:Responsible for interpreting and implementing business strategy with regards to Quality sections issues and lead a number of Quality sections teams. This would involve a full range of managerial responsibilities including policies and procedures, contributing to performances measures & development of audit reports. Also recommends improvements to operational processes and procedures.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participates in the formulation and implementation of the Quality department plans to ensure the alignment with company overall objectives and business plans.
- Participates in the development of Quality department policies, and procedures and ensures implementation of all relevant procedural/legislative requirements.
- Manages the day-to-day operations of Quality department by facilitating related professional work processes in order to achieve high performance standards.
- Prepares budget and ensures that the activities within this unit is implemented processed as per the assigned budget.
- Recommending on work schedules of Compliance, QA, QC and Validation functions and ensuring coordination between these functions to attain Company quality objectives
- Approving suggested improvement programs to increase productivity and maximize effectiveness of QA, QC, Validation and Compliance functions
- Managing the preparation of Quality reports and overseeing other relevant reports to recommend on technical issues
- Recommending on Company Quality standards based on recent international Quality Standards, and ensuring the compliance of Company processes with these standards
- Manages the effective achievement of department objectives by setting individual targets, developing and motivating staff in order to maximize subordinate’s performance.
- Manages significant Quality projects delivering agreed objectives and high level of resource utilization.
- Leads the Quality area, monitor performance and ensure high standard of efficiency by managing employees’ workload and priorities to guarantee productivity and efficiency of out-puts.
- Produces high level management reports related to company figures and reports related to own area to ensure management is up-to-date with the quality area.
- Reviews the quality manuals and procedures developed and updated, ensuring changes are approved by management.
- Plans, coordinate and participates in technical and Quality audits and inspection programs to identify potential deficiencies and follow up on issues identified.
- Conducts some aspects of Quality training and carries out an ongoing review of the effectiveness of the training, including carrying out training needs analysis to assist in developing the training plan
- Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy.
- 11-14 years of experience in pharmaceutical industry.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Sterile Pharmaceutical background is a must.
- In depth understanding of Quality Control & Quality Assurance procedures and relevant legal standards